In today's synthetic environment, we have all started making cleaner choices while choosing our food. Our digestive system breaks down food consumed by us and our liver flushes out harmful toxins. However, when we put something on our skin, synthetic chemicals may enter our bloodstream and build up in our bodies. If you truly knew what toxins non-organic skincare products used, you would think twice before using them.
Reasons to avoid chemical ingredients are:
- We wouldn't choose to eat these chemicals, so why put the monourskin. Our body absorbs what we put on our skin.
- Whilst our body has an effective detoxification system, we can easily overload it if we’re not mindful about reducing our chemical and toxin exposure.
- While producing chemical based products, a majority of the chemicals will end up in the air and water, causing environmental damage, and let's not forget what we wash down the drain during our own personal use.
- Natural products contain nourishing antioxidant ingredients that our skin loves rather than chemicals that cause free radicals that can cause early skin aging.
Many often find that as they make the switch to natural skin care, the products work better. Some ingredients to avoid are:
- Sulphates: as they clog pores and cause acne.
- Parabens: cause cellular level damage caused by UV exposure which may cause skin cancer.
- BHA: can cause burns, damage or scarring if used incorrectly in the chemical form.
- Alcohol: deteriorates your skin's protective barrier which means your skin is no longer effective at keeping moisturein.
Natural ingredients to include are:
- Vitamin E: an antioxidant that reduces UV damage effectively.
- Vitamin C: a collagen synthesis stimulating ingredient that reduces photodamage.
- Aloe Vera: a rich source of vitamin A and contains enzymes that help treat inflammation, acne and dry skin.
- Plant based oils: plant-based oils jojoba, chamomile, coconut, almond, lavender which are an anti-aging powerhouse which improve skin elasticity. They keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
- Herbs: calendula, juniper, elder flower, peppermint, rosemary which help in everything from strengthening your body's cells by combating oxidants to providing glowing skin and luscious hair.
There are many brands available in the market today that promise the au naturel experience. But we mustn't get fooled by the label. A lot of products don’t have enough natural ingredients to be USDA certified.
A brand that has a vast range of skin and hair care products that are ethically sourced and certified is Paul Penders. They have certification from the prestigious AVA (American Vegetarian Association) and the EWG (Environmental Working Group) so their products are 100% safe for the consumer as well as the environment. Made in the Himalayas with love and positivity, the brand has been proved effective with anti-aging treatments that detoxify, soothe and rejuvenate your hair and skin.
They have a wide range of natural products for every skin type and skin concern using the purest mineralized snow melt water which is filtered down for over 20 years from 20000 feet up in Mount Everest, with the elixir of 22 organic herbs of LevensEssentie Gold.
- For Cleansing and Toning: Rosemary & Calendula Cleansing Milk, Alpina & Tea tree Cleansing Wash, Chamomile & Moringa Skin Toner and Botanical Coconut Oil Moisture Bar
- For Nourishing & Antiaging : My Skin Fitness Complexion Booster, Ceramide Recovery and Intensive Cleansing Therapy
- For Moisturizing: Hydrating Control Serum, Aloe & Lavender All Day Moisturizer, Avocado & Cranberry Night Time Moisturizer, DrySkin, Relief and Juniper & Yarrow24 Hours Moisturizer.
- Masks and Scrubs: Active Glow Facial Scrub, Magic Minerals and Citrus Fruit Exfoliant.
- Facial Speciality Care: Plant ago Essential Eye Gel, Aqualuna illuminating Cream, and Calming & Soothing Mist.
- Botanical Body Care: Lavender Body Lotion, Herbal Moisture Shower Gel and Marigold Hand Cream
So it's high time you switched to natural skincare and now you know exactly where to find these products.